- 1 lb Raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- 1/2 C Butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Thumb-sized pieces of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 Fresh red chilies, deseeded & finely sliced
- 2 Lemons to taste
- 1 Good handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Long slices of ciabatta bread, toasted
- Into a large, hot frying pan, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, ginger, garlic, chili and shrimp. Fry for approximately 3 minutes then turn the heat down, squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons, and add butter. Add the parsley and a couple glugs of olive oil. Toss over and remove from heat. You should have a nice, juicy sauce at this point.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve with slices of toasted ciabatta bread or angelhair pasta.
- This dish can be served at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!