- 2 12 oz Beef New York Striploin
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Italian Parsley, for garnish
- 24 – 48 hours before you plan to serve the meat, rub it all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add fresh or dried herbs if you wish. Store it in the refrigerator, preferably uncovered. This dry brining time creates a more well-seasoned flavor. Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30-60 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Blot the steaks dry with paper towels, making sure not to rub off its seasoning. Once the oil is hot, add steaks and sear, undisturbed, 4 minutes. Flip and sear another 3-4 minutes
- Use a high-quality meat thermometer and begin testing after about 3 minutes on the second side. 130 degrees for medium-rare.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest 10 minutes at least before slicing. Serve with your favorite sauce or simple drizzle slices with good quality olive oil and flakey sea salt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!