- 2-8 Bone racks of lamb
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- Up to 24 hours before you plan to eat, and at least 30 minutes prior, dry the racks of lamb well with papertowels and sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and store in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place racks of lamb fat-side up in a roasting pan. Roast for 40 minutes, oruntil internal temperature is 130 degrees.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to a very large cast-iron pan over high heat. One at a time, add rackto the pan, fat-side down. Allow to sear for 5 minutes, or deep golden brown. Let rest for at least 15 minutes. Carve into 2 bone sections and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!