- 1 Salmon fillet (approx. 2.5lbs)
- 1 C Butter
- 2 C Finely chopped onion
- 10 Tbsp Finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp Finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and add the butter, onion and garlic. Season with sea salt and pepper and add the parsley. Sautéuntil the onions are opaque.
- While onion mixture is sautéing, heat up BBQ (can also be baked in 400 degree oven).
- Prepare a triple layered piece of tin foil slightly larger then the size of fillet with the edges bent up on all sides to catch drippings. Place one of the sliced lemons on the tin foil (or pan if using oven) and place the salmon fillet on top of the lemons.
- Place on hot BBQ grill then pour the sautéed onion mixture over the entire fillet. Place the remaining lemon slices on top and close the BBQ lid. Cook until the salmon starts to flake with a fork.
- CAREFULLY slide finished fillet onto a tray or platter keeping the foil underneath it. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!