- 2 20 oz Porterhouse Steaks
- Mid-High Temp Cooking Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Coarse Ground Pepper
- Season steaks with salt, garlic salt, and black pepper mixture.
- Get your grill or BBQ up nice and hot (but not over 600° on the BBQ thermometer)
- Generously brush cooking oil over the grates of your grill. Then instantly place steaks at a 45° angle on the grill. After 2-3 minutes rotate the steaks 90°. Wait again for 2-3 minutes and flip your steaks over, repeating the same process to create those nice cross-hatch grill lines.
- Once the internal temperature of the steak reaches 130°, remove and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes, allowing the meat to reach an internal temperature of 135 degrees – a perfect medium rare.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!