- 4 lbs Beef Tenderloin
- 1/4 C Kosher Salt
- 1/4 C Fresh-Ground Black Pepper
- 24 – 48 hours before you plan to serve the roast, rub it all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add fresh or dried herbs if you wish. This dry brining time creates a more well-seasoned flavor. Remove the meat from the refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Roast for 15 minutes, DO NOT OPEN OVEN but turn off and let sit in oven for additional 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for minimum of 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes loosely covered with foil. Carve and serve!
- Au Jus: Reduce one bottle of red wine on medium-low for one hour. Add 1½ cups of beef broth and ½ cup steak sauce.
- Horseradish Sauce: One jar prepared hot horseradish, 3 oz. of mayonnaise, 3 oz. of sour cream, ¼ of a lemon – juiced, and a dash of white pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!