Our Spicy Garlic and Ginger Shrimp Recipe is a signature recipe brought to you by Porter and York. Fresh Meat Cut to Order.
- 1 lb of raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 fresh red chilies, deseeded & finely sliced
- 2 lemons to taste
- 1 good handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Long slices of ciabatta bread, toasted
- ½ cup butter
Into a large, hot frying pan, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, ginger, garlic, chili and shrimp. Fry for approximately 3 minutes then turn the heat down, squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons, and add butter. Add the parsley and a couple glugs of olive oil. Toss over and remove from heat. You should have a nice, juicy sauce at this point.
Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve with slices of toasted ciabatta bread or angel
This dish can be served at room temperature.
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS