Our Fresh Herb Butter Steak Garnish Recipe is a signature recipe brought to you by Porter and York. Fresh Meat Cut to Order.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
Begin by bringing the sticks of butter up to room temperature… so but not melted.
In a large mixing bowl, combine fresh herb and seasoning ingredients. Add butter and continue mixing until an even mixture is created throughout the butter. Lay 10-12 inches of plastic wrap over a cutting board and place butter in a log shape at one end. Wrap mixture, maintaining a nice even log shape (roughly 2 inches wide), and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, and up to a 7 days.
Top your steaks with a 1/2 inch slice of the refrigerated herb butter before serving and enjoy!
PREP TIME: 20 MINS